Featured Post

Three new e-books

Quite some time ago I started Big Wheel Books to publish e-books of some of my earlier titles. (You can read more about it on my site, cary...

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Poor Bird, Poor Cage

My latest picture book, 'A Cage Went in Search of a Bird,' was inspired by an aphorism of Franz Kafka's. I'd encountered Kafka's words (which make up the title of the book) twice--once in a book of his aphorisms, and the second time in a poem by Robert Hass. The brilliant pictures are a wonderful match for the story. Here are quotes from some first reviews.* (Starred) "Original and thought-provoking." Kirkus Reviews * "Highly Recommended." CM Magaine * "Has the feel of one of Aesop's Fables. The lavishness of Banafsheh Erfanian’s illustrations embodies the importance of Cary Fagan's words." Canlit for Little Canadians. * Kirkus Reviews has also published an interview with me about the book. You can find it at: https://www.kirkusreviews.com/features/cary-fagan/#continue_reading_post

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This book is a wonder. It joins my many other "Cary Fagan" wonders, which I turn to when I want a solid story well-written. -- Monica K.