Saturday, January 22, 2011

Two Photographs



I was sorting through some work photos and came upon these two. The first photo is from an author visit in Montreal. No, I'm not yodelling. I'm teaching the kids a pirate song from the book "Jacob Two-Two on the High Seas." The first verse goes like this:
"We don't like washing behind our ears, or doing our multiplication.
When our noses drip we wipe on our sleeves, and we spit for relaxation."
Pretty catchy, no? (By the way, that instrument I'm playing is a 1937 Martin mandolin.)

The second photo is from the launch of "Valentine's Fall" at the Gladstone Hotel. That's my buddy Gary Clement trying to make me look as if I know what I'm talking about. Gary was the artist on our picture book "Ten Old Men and a Mouse" and we're going to be doing another one together.

No comments: